Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Introductions

Hello people.  I have decided to join the blogging band wagon and start my own blog!  My sister Marty has a very nice blog that I love to check out, so I've been thinking about doing this for awhile.  The problem is that I worry my everyday babblings would be boring to anybody else but moi.  Really... what is the point of writing a blog if nobody wants to read it?

I have been having a really tough time lately.  Between life stresses and illness I have been going crazy.  Last night as I cruised the internet- trying to find the perfect Muppet Show t-shirt- I stumbled across a girl's blog that didn't have too much to say but posted a bunch of pictures and quotes that she found interesting.  That's when my brain kicked into overdrive.  Maybe I could create my own blog... and post things that I really like!  You wouldn't have to suffer through my daily whining about pain and nausea.... we could both take a little time out to think about some of the really great things in life, have a laugh or two, and focus on things to be thankful for. 

Soooooo..... the next hard part was deciding what my opening blog should be about.  It took me a bit of time to decide, but what would be better to introduce my blog than the whole reason I thought about writing a blog?  One of my favorite things in the whole world.... <insert loud "ta-da" here> is.... my baby sister Marty!

Check out my look of total adoration!
   I have often told the story of how I loved her before she was even born.  One of my earliest memories is sitting on the white stool by my parents washing machine and asking my mom when my baby sister was coming.  I still remember the pained, sad look on my mum's face as she tried to explain to 2-year-old me that there wasn't going to be any more babies in our family.  Well... she was wrong, and to this day doesn't know how the 3-year-old me often managed to take Marty out of her crib and bring her down the hallway.  Lots of time has past since then and now Marty is a grown, married woman with four precious babies of her own.  Love you forever and always Cookie! 
She's always there to TRY and keep me on the straight and narrow.....

...but is more than willing to have a lil fun!
 
She's my beautiful baby sister and one of my best friends.


Check out Marty's blog

3 comments:

  1. Nice first post!
    When I first saw that pic of you looking at Marty, I thought it was Lexie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crying is always good :) She loves you tons

    ReplyDelete