Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I would first like to remind my readers that my "Favorite Things" are in no particular order.  It isn't a countdown or a popularity contest.  It is more about whatever pops into my head that day.  Today is Erv's day, because he went and got me a turkey club from Timmy's just simply because I asked him to without asking anything in return.





On March 28, 2009 I did the one thing that I swore I never would do again.... I got remarried.  For people who know me they might roll their eyes and say "She got married AGAIN?"  Well... yes I did.  I wasn't planning on falling in love again.  In fact... Erv and I almost didn't date because I was still pretty shaken up over my last marriage, and still had feelings both happy and hurt from a couple of previous relationships.  The day that it all changed for us was Erv's birthday.  He was feeling wounded from my rejection and had no intention of talking to me when I brought over a Raspberry Too Tall Cake from M&M Meats.  It ended up that he invited me to go out to dinner with him and the kids... and the rest is history.

We were originally going to get married in some tropical place with me in a fancy wedding dress and just a few of my family members as guests.... but we had a few rough patches and then before we knew it was January and I was headed into the hospital for surgery.  My surgical experience was... rather horrid.  But the best part of my six days in hospital was waking up and feeling this great big bear paw of a hand holding mine. (His ring size is a 15!!)   He use to get in trouble for trying to sneak into my room before visiting hours started and he would always stay late.  When I got home from surgery there were many days that I would just lay on the bed and sob because I could not handle the pain.  The only thing that soothed me was having him hold my hand while he whispered reassurances that this would be worth it and we would get through it.  Two months later at a small ceremony at home including ordered in Chinese food we got married.

Erv is one of my best friends.  He is older than me but we still find a lot in common.  I think he understands me more than anyone else.  Even with my own siblings there are times that I feel like I don't fit in.  Don't get me wrong-- we have our problems and when we fight it isn't pretty... but there is never a doubt that we love each other.  I have no doubt in my mind that he loved me just as much when I was a size 24 instead of the size 14 that I am now.  He can be so silly!  He says that I am one of the strangest women that he knows... I just agree and say that I am the perfect match for him, and he agrees. 

1 comment:

  1. AWWWW!!! just AWWWW!!! one day i hope to married but then people will be saying"its about dang time!!" :) i love your blog

    ReplyDelete