Friday, July 22, 2011

Best of Friends (Part 2)

There are a few people who I am lucky to call friends.  Members of my family and my dog are all included, but there is one person who I am blessed and lucky enough to call my soul sister bestie --Shannon.

Gorgeous picture of Shannon!  I stole it from her Facebook profile.  Mwahahaha 
Shannon and I weren't instant best friends the moment we met...Shortly after my little girl was born I started hanging around with a group of people I met at a church group.  Between my new baby and new divorce I was pretty lost and needed this group desperately.  Eventually Shannon went on a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  I didn't do anything half as noble but lets fast forward several years.  When I met my husband Erv we hung around a couple good friends of mine (Tina and Ammon) and Shannon.  When Tina and Ammon moved away Shannon and I ended up hanging around more and more.  I don't know what the exact catalyst for it all was but in an instant Shannon and I became best of friends.

Shannon is one of the sweetest, kindest, wonderful people I have ever met.  She is the first one to point out that she isn't perfect, but none of us are.  One of the things I love the most about Shannon is that she accepts me for all of my flaws.  She sees my bad tempers and use of naughty words,  my pain and frustration.... and loves me anyways.  I love the way she squeals when my husband does something silly or crude like put a cheesie up his nose or do a "Captain Morgan".  I am a bit socially awkward and like to spend a lot of time in my room.  Shannon isn't afraid to jump up beside me and join me in a game or watch a movie.  We go out sometimes... in fact we love to go to movies or out to eat, but we are content with the simple things like a DVD or a rousing game of Dragon Age.


I have always been a bit of a game geek.  It is a stress relief for me.  Even as a kid I would love to go downstairs to my dad's office and play "King's Quest" for hours.  Shannon and I have similar gaming styles.  We like to see and collect EVERYTHING.  I cannot even count the number of times Shannon and I have played through the original Dragon Age.... 12?

Anyway.  I could write an entire blog post (spoiler alert!) about Dragon Age but that is for another day.  Lately I have been having problems expressing myself, the right words just keep evading me.  So I will keep things short and sweet.  Shanshan-- my life has been incredibly blessed by having you in it.  You have helped me so much, and you are always there with your arms open whenever I have needed you.  I'm not much of the praying type but I thank Heavenly Father for you every single day.  Luv you Shanshan!
 

1 comment:

  1. I need a tissue now jo!! i wasn't able to write this before and i am sorry. Jo i am the blessed one...you take care of me even when you are beyond hurting or things are just not going right; your arms are always open...and i mean always even if its 930 at night after work you have me come over just so we can have strawberry nacho (addicted). I have seen my life blessed in every way because of you, you have a beautiful soul, and an even more beautiful heart. I love you JUBE always remember that sister of mine

    ReplyDelete